CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 3, 2008

Less Swelling! + Mystery Project Horse

I GAVE KODA HIS PENICILLIN SHOT MYSELF THIS MORNING!
ITS A MIRACLE!
I just didn't think about it, and slammed it in there. haha. Okay, I didn't use as much force as that makes it sound. And I didn't even get a blood vessel! I nicked one on the way out [Kim always does] but I counted to 30 and he was still alive and standing, so I jumped for joy! =]

I also wrapped his leg again in towels that were soaked in epsom salt dissolved in warm water. They stayed on for an hour while I wrapped Barney's front right leg [it was tender last night with a small bump on the upper back part of the cannon bone], cleaned his stall, and refilled his buckets.

I'm going back later this afternoon [4-ish] to give him another shot and soak his leg one more time. When I left the wound itself had closed up some, and the heat and swelling were both down! Yessssh! =]



Oh, and today Kim is going to get a new off the track "project" for me. Kinda scared and excited at the same time...

0 comments: